October 28, 2014 by The Pricing Authority
We continue to bring thought leaders in the pricing industry to the forefront for our members. During the 25th Annual Fall Pricing Workshops & Conference in Las Vegas, PPS featured several amazing speakers! Today we’re spotlighting two in particular from an awesome Pricing Conference.
Kay Du Fernandez is the Vice President, Strategic Business Development at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc., a leader in information management focused on enterprise content, technology optimization and cloud services. In this role, she is responsible for leading Konica Minolta’s strategic initiatives while also driving business development, marketing, strategic pricing and customer experience management.
With over 20 years of pricing experience spanning both B2B and B2C industries, over the last 12 years Kay Du has held various product management experiences including serving as the VP of Marketing for Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc.
During our Las Vegas Pricing Conference Kay Du discussed:
- Why customer experience and customer experience management are critical for building a competitive advantage for your organization
- How to collect and leverage customer insights combined with pricing analytics to drive margin improvement
- Where and how pricing impacts the customer experience journey from need generation to the moment of purchase and all the way to the product delivery and usage.
Brian Elliott, Ph.D., is the CEO of Periscope, a McKinsey Solution. As an entrepreneur and inventor, Brian has grown and led the Global Consumer Pricing practice for the last 8 out of 15 years with McKinsey. He is well-known for his focus on commercial transformations and innovations in revenue management and has experience building client revenue management capabilities in over 36 industries and 23 countries. Elliott shares that winners within the Pricing and Revenue Management industries started with what they had available, and didn’t wait for “perfect” to come along. They intentionally built sustainable internal capabilities by addressing both the human and technical challenges is parallel. “You need to augment the people and focus on usage and adoption of new pricing strategies, processes and tools,” says Elliott.
During our Las Vegas Pricing Conference Brian Elliott also discussed:
- How to decide “where to start”
- How to anticipate organizational roadblocks and resistance
- How to measure and communicate value and ROI
- How to build organizational confidence and sponsorship for pricing
Attendees had a wonderful time gaining valuable pricing knowledge from our Keynote Speakers during #PPSLV. We appreciate the work of all of our speakers, and look forward to our next Pricing Conference! Check out our Social Media platforms for additional photos and recaps from the conference. Don’t miss out on our Global and European Pricing Conference in Barcelona in November!